Affordable & Easy Living
Neighborhoods vary from beautiful Victorian homes on the sandstone bluffs to marina communities to new home developments. In our communities, neighbors help neighbors, block parties and neighborhood picnics are common. People move here to live and raise children in a safe small-town environment but are still able to utilize nearby interstates for a quick commute to Chicago and the suburbs.
Our residents are proud of their school systems, where children have the opportunity to grow their ability in sports, the arts and academics. High-quality healthcare facilities surround families living in the Illinois River area, providing residents with exceptional options for general, specialized and 24/7 emergency medical care. People remain here for the peacefulness and affordability.
Plenty of Places to Play
The citizens of Marseilles and Seneca want great places to enjoy. The lifestyle in these communities is decidedly laid back, a sort of Huck Finn kind of existence. Boating, fishing and camping are a way of life. Our beautiful parks are safe, clean and family-oriented.
Both communities have evolved into unique and appealing places to live and do business because of the convenient location and abundant natural resources. The Illinois River area and the County, are home to an impressive range of industries–agriculture, health care, retail, manufacturing and more. We have big city advantages without the big city hassles. You won’t find heavy traffic, long commutes, long lines, or a high cost of living.
- Spend $100 at a local business and $68 of that stays in your community. Spend the same $100 at a national chain and your community only sees $43.
- Local businesses create higher-paying jobs for our neighbors.
- More of your taxes are reinvested in your community – where they belong.
- Buying local means less packaging, less transportation, and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money to beautify your community.
- Local retailers are your friends and neighbors – support them and they’ll support you.
- Local businesses donate to charities at more than twice the rate of national chains.
- More independents means more choice, more diversity, and a truly unique community.